Friday, July 31, 2020

"See You On Sundays" August 9th with Johannes Möller



Hello Friends.

My good friend and cohort Johannes Möller is now hosting a weekly live stream on Sundays at 11:00 AM Pacific time on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Johannes is an extraordinary composer and concert guitarist and he’s broadcasting from his home in Holland. He is featuring his own music as well as spotlighting other composers and generally sharing music with the community of guitarists around the world. This is an interesting adaptation to our current lifestyle, with musicians and particularly concert artists finding ways to continue to be active and relevant while concerts and gatherings are down. I think this is very interesting, and I think we are learning a new way to share community that will endure even beyond our current isolation's.

Of special interest to me is that on August 9th Johannes is going to feature some of my own compositions. I know, I’m supposed to be a guitar maker, not a composer. Well I’m old enough now to do whatever I want, and I delight in doing both. One of the messages coming out of this evolving online society is that music is for everyone, and that creativity is where you find it. We don’t have to wait for permission or authority to break new ground. I like that, I live that.

Please check out Johannes Möller’s live stream See You On Sundays and in particular tune in on August 9th to hear him play some of my music. I’m honored to be a part of this.


Kenny Hill
August, 2020

No comments: