Friday, April 26, 2019

Giacomo Fiore Performs "Stolen Moments"

On March 30th Giacomo Fiore performed the world premiere of my recent guitar composition “Stolen Moments”or the New Music Works Night Of the Living Composer concert at Cabrillo College. 

Giacomo only had the score for a few short months and he really got the piece, including playing from memory. He did it beautifully! I was thrilled to hear someone else playing it, and so well! I loved listening to it from the audience. I am proud of Giacomo and proud of the piece. 

Barry Phillips recorded the whole concert and it sounds quite good. Please take a listen to this clip. It comes with good timing because I also just completed the sheet music for Stolen Moments, now available for publication. I’ve got more pieces in the works and we’ll be releasing them over the next few months. This is something I’ve wanted to do for some time and now, finally, there’s some momentum. 

Philip Collins is the artist director of New Music Works and a profound supporter of living composers, as well as a fine and tireless composer himself. His recent two piano piece was on that program, amazing. I’m grateful to be included in this program. I don’t know how he does it all. 

Kenny Hill, April 2019







No comments: